BroadGrain Commodities, is a leading Canadian-based global marketer and originator of grains, cereals, oilseeds, pulses, specialty crops and related by-products for both food and feed markets.
BroadGrain is engaged in shipping, originating, handling, processing, storing and marketing services for the aforementioned products. We are committed to connecting producers, processors and consumers of food and agricultural commodities across the globe.
At BroadGrain, quality is a top priority. We ensure traceability from farm to manufacturer and rely on our own cleaning facilities and staff to consistently supply high quality products.
BroadGrain employs more than 160 people worldwide and operates in almost every continent of the world. Facilities and trading offices are located in Canada, China, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Argentina, Algeria and Nigeria. Our global footprint enables us to better cater to customers’ time zones.
The Broadgrain Timeline
BroadGrain is founded in 2003 by Ghazi Qadoumi with the acquisition of a grain elevator in Seaforth, Ontario (Domestic Division)
BroadGrain begins to penetrate the international grain trading market with the launch of its International Division
UpgradeOperations at the Seaforth facility optimized through a series of capital investments to increase capacity, add new services, and modernize operations.
Major player soybean meal market
BroadGrain’s domestic operations grow significantly, becoming a major player in the regional soybean meal market
Head office is relocated from Seaforth to Toronto as the company continues to grow.
BroadGrain launches its Food Division to focus on the sale of pulses and specialty crops.
UpgradeStorage capacity at the Seaforth elevator expanded further to support growth
BroadGrain acquires a pulse and specialty crops processing facility in Dafoe, Saskatchewan and its second grain elevator in Brinston, Ontario
BroadGrain commences an expansion of the newly acquired Brinston facility to boost storage capacity.
BroadGrain establishes international subsidiaries in China and Nigeria to support the growth of Food Division
Completed an expansion project at the Dafoe facility to increase storage capacity and support growth initiatives.
Brinston facility expanded to increase storage capacity and add a processing facility dedicated to specialty soybeans
BroadGrain completes construction of a sesame seed processing facility in Kano, Nigeria
BroadGrain establishes a trading office in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
UpgradeBroadGrain expands Dafoe facility adding additional 30,000MT of storage capacity and a third processing line.
New Venture Project
Production commences at SIFAB, BroadGrain’s Algerian feed mill joint venture project
UpgradesSeaforth facility expanded to increase storage and processing capacity for dry beans and specialty soybeans.
Nigeria SIMSICA® facility adds a new line and 2 color sorters to commence edible grade sesame sales.
Brinston facility expanded to increase storage capacity.
OUR CORE PHILOSOPHIES
Our management team brings a diverse skill set, years of experience, and expertise in related fields to their work at BroadGrain.
Chairman of the Board
- Founder of BroadGrain
- Over 40 years of experience in agricultural commodities trade, agribusiness and entrepreneurship
- Master of Science – University of Missouri at Columbia
- Bachelor of Science – Animal Nutrition, University of Missouri at Columbia
President & CEO
- Has served as BroadGrain’s CEO since the company’s inception
- Driving force behind BroadGrain’s growth from a single elevator operation to its present global footprint
- Over 25 years of experience in agricultural commodities trade
- Bachelor of Commerce – McGill University (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Previously CFO at a large mining services company
- 15 years of investment banking experience in New York, London and Toronto with expertise in derivative products
- Holds a CPA, CA designation
- Master of Accounting – University of Waterloo
- Master of Business Administration and Bachelor of Laws – Western University
Senior VP, Operations
- Previously president of Land O’ Lakes Canada, a major agricultural cooperative active in Ontario grain, feed and fertilizer business.
- Previously General Manager of Hutton Farm Supply, an innovator in the feed, seed and farm-supply business in Ontario.
- Over 35 years of agribusiness experience.
VP, Risk Management & Treasury
- 10 years of experience in agriculture risk management.
- Previously worked in pharmaceutical R&D at Merck Frosst and AstraZeneca.
- Master of Science – Organic Chemistry, Simon Fraser University
- Bachelor of Science – Biochemistry, University of Waterloo
[contact-form-7 id="5" title="Main contact form"]