BroadGrain Commodities Inc. (“BroadGrain”) is a fast-growing global company trading and transporting grains, cereals, oilseeds, corn and by-products. We use our expertise and experience in logistics, sourcing and distribution to connect our customers to global markets while providing excellence in customer service. Today, BroadGrain enjoys over $700 million in annual revenue and handles over 1.8 million tonnes of grain each year in our international and domestic businesses. We are poised for continual growth across all of our business units and are continually looking to add talented individuals to support our expansion.
Operator (Dry bulk)
- Execution of chartering contracts, which include voyage/TC contracts.
- Ensuring that the voyages are performed in compliance with the relevant contracts with due consideration to the commercial strategy. To be responsible for maximizing profit for each voyage.
- Responsible for following up on post fixture activities and day-to-day execution
- Monitoring of vessel movements for executing of activities including bunker planning, appointment & coordination with agents and obtaining necessary documentations.
- Responsible for the preparation, negotiation, and finalization of laytime calculations. To always think out of the box to maximize Dispatch and minimize the demurrage.
- Handling of voyage accounts for the ships including hire payments, freight payments, SOA and settlement of final voyage account with ship owner.
- Appointing agents, negotiating proforma D/A and reviewing/settling the final D/A documents.
- Coordinating with the Legal and Insurance team to minimize risk and exposure. Ensuring that disputes and claims are settled in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinating with account and commercial department on payments, BL collection, tallying of financial statement and following up of outstanding account with relevant parties.
- Liaise with various parties like ship master, ship brokers, bunker trader, port agents, marine surveyor and other service providers on day-to-day operation matters to ensure all voyages are running smoothly.
- Ensure compliance to relevant maritime laws, industry standards and insurance matters where appropriate.
- Working as operations PIC to update vessels ocean and port schedules, solution providing to minimize delays / optimize smooth voyage performance.
- Monitor vessel performance, analyze date and give regular feedback to Management.
- Review the stowage plans prepared by the master, study vessel’s description and end up with conclusions to maximize cargo intake.
- Drawing and finalizing charter parties.
- To assist the chartering and operation manager as required.
- Any other duties that might be assigned by the management
- Bachelors’ Degree from a recognized university.
- Min two years of experience in dry bulk shipping industry with exposure to CP Terms negotiation and Laytime (Dry Bulk), as well as Bills of Lading and other shipping documentation.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with strong analytical and calculation skills.
- Self-driven with strong willingness to learn, result oriented, with a positive outlook, and imagination to bring new ideas and solutions to the table.
- Fast learner and able to work under pressure.
- Has integrity when dealing with confidential matters.
- Ability to negotiate with our business partners.
- An ability to develop relationships with dry bulk counter parties, including owners, charterers, operators, charterers and brokers.
- Team player with strong work ethics and excellent communication & organizational skills.
If you are interested in working for a growing company, we would love to hear from you! Please forward your resume outlining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org BroadGrain welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.